Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Titus 2:3-5 Amplified Bible


I love the Amplified Bible for it's expanded translations of the KJV. It is the first place I go when I want a deeper understanding of the verses I'm looking at. With all the resources on the internet, there is never a reason to miss out on the different translations.


Titus 2:3-5 (Amplified Bible)

Bid the older women similarly to be reverent and devout in their deportment as becomes those engaged in sacred service, not slanderers or slaves to drink. They are to give good counsel and be teachers of what is right and noble,


So that they will wisely train the young women to be sane and sober of mind (temperate, disciplined) and to love their husbands and their children,


To be self-controlled, chaste, homemakers, good-natured (kindhearted),adapting and subordinating themselves to their husbands, that the word of God may not be exposed to reproach (blasphemed or discredited).


What a great expanded understanding to be gained from this translation. I will go in more depth on each verse as time goes on. I am really enjoying this study so far.

God Bless,
Rean Day

No comments: