Friday, March 17, 2006

New Furniture

Rean's Hope Chest

I am sitting, this very moment, in a nice big comfy chair, feet on an ottoman, typing on my laptop in my living room. This is a wonderful day because: 1) we were sitting on a futon which was rather awkward (we had to prop pillows up behind us just to not be laying down!) and 2) we did it without going into debt! We saved for a while for furniture and were almost there when we found out we were getting some big $$ back on our taxes (I guess that's what you get when you buy a house on 20% down). I am so syked!

I will have to take a picture and post it here.

We also have a dining room table (we were eating off of a fiberglass folding table covered by a picnic table tablecloth), 6 chairs and a buffet with lots of storage for linens and candles and such! We got these from our wonderful fellowship coordinators. They were moving their office into the room they had been using as a dining room. They decided they eat all their meals at the kitchen table anyway so they are going to convert that area into an office. They offered the furniture to us for FREE!!! Isn't God great!! We are so thankful to them for their generosity. I have so much to learn from them.

My DH's job has settled down a bit and life is easing back from its breakneck speed to a more reasonable pace.

Before I go into a long dissertation on work I should tell you I am a legal secretary in an office with two attorneys. Ok, now this will make more sense.

Work is better. One of my bosses took an Assistant District Attorney job a few months ago and ever since then it has been hectic, manic, craziness!! Well, he went and resigned today stating the "part-time" job was requiring full-time hours and he wasn't willing to give up his private practice for a low paying county job.

I am so proud of him. He really loved that job but they were totally abusing him. He had no time for his clients which meant yours truly had to field all the calls and questions. Boy, I am glad he will be in the office more often. I have to admit the quiet times I had the place all alone were great but now maybe I can get some work done on his files.

Well, I gues that about does it for today. I am enjoying my early morning workouts and cleaning sessions but I am still thinking about asking for part-time hours at work. Even just one day or a couple of afternoons off would help me immensly (I think).

Until next time...

1 comment:

Sj said...

I think the same way...

I work Wed - Fri (and every 2nd Saturday) from 7am to 7pm. (but get equalized payment for 40 hrs) Now, yes on those days that I do work I am tired afterwards and time is short.. but having every Sun, Mon and Tues off as full days is VERY nice. I don't know what to think when I go to a regular houred job.