Wednesday, November 15, 2006

ABC Meme

Emma from Diary of a Young Wife posted an ABC Meme a long time ago. I was reading her archives and I thought it looked fun. So, "drum roll please" here is my first ever Meme.

Accent: I was a military brat growing up so I wasn't in any one place long enough to pick up an accent! Then DH and I moved to the Pittsburgh area. Now I guess I have a little Pittsburghese going on.

Bible book I like best: The Epistles: Romans through Thessalonians. They really lay out the heart and desire for God's people in this day and time.

Chore I Don't Care For: Dishes. Thankfully, DH likes to take care of them. He likes them because they are a quick chore (we have a dishwasher). I just don't like them, I don't know why.

Dog or Cat: Cat. Kharisse (Greek for Grace). At least that was "her" name until we found out that "she" was a "he." Now we have to figure out a new name for "him."

Essential Electronics: Laptop and Cell Phone. I simply don't know what I would do without my cell phone, didn't I always have one? LOL

Favorite Cologne(s): Omni by Bulova. Although I can't wear it because my DH has such bad allergies to cologne. We haven't found any cologne that he can tolerate.

Gold or Silver: Gold, the color of my wedding band and the predominant color in my favorite time of year...Autumn.

Handbag I carry most often: Vera Bradley - Petal Pink - Betsy Bag. It matches absolutely NOTHING and therefore it matches absolutely EVERYTHING!! I probably need to find a nice Autumn/Winter purse but I just can't imagine puting my Vera Bradley away. Maybe a new Vera in a different color...I will have to see.

Insomnia: It depends on whether I had caffine after 1 P.M. If I did, then I absolutely have insomnia. If not then no I don't.

Job Title: Legal Secretary - Awesome bosses but I would much rather be a full-time homemaker. However, I tried that and I was a horrible failure at it...This is the current enigma in my life, is the grass actually greener on the other side or do I just imagine it is. Am I cut out for being a stay-at-home wife? I just don't know.

Kids: No, we are believing for them. Until then, we are just enjoying each other and our recently adopted kitten.

Living arrangements: A sweet little (at least by outward appearances) Cape Cod style home with 4 bedrooms (2 of which are HUGE); 2 Bathrooms; Livingroom; Diningroom; Kitchen; Screened in porch; Full basement, 1/2 finished and a decent little postage stamp yard in the "Burbs." Recently purchased (about a year and a half ago) and in the process of redecorating/refinishing. Thus the desire to be a stay-at-home wife...there is A LOT to do.

Most admirable trait: I am a good listener. I have been told I have a very patient and loving attitude.

Naughtiest childhood behaviour: Lying. I was a horrible liar. It is not something I am proud of, but it is true. I still struggle with lying, its the little things that get me sometimes.

Overnight hospital stays: None other then when I was born.

Phobias: None really. I don't like being alone. Not to the extent of a "phobia" though.

Quote: "This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or use it for good. What I do today is important, because I'm exchanging a day of my life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever, leaving in its place something that I have traded for it. I want it to be gain, not loss; good, not evil; success, not failure; in order that I shall not regret the price I paid for it." Robert E. Eberly (1918-2004)

Religion: Non-denominational Christian.

Siblings: 3 brothers (Mike, 16; Timothy, 12; and David, 9)

Time I wake up: 6:45 or 7:45, depending on how tired I am (usually dependant on what time I went to bed!)

Unusual talent or skill: I can cross one of my eyes without crossing the other (all of my brothers can do this but neither of my parents can).

Vegetable I refuse to eat: Asparagus. We have a love-hate relationship. I know its really good for me, and I try it everytime it is served (not by me!), but I can't handle the texture.

Worst habit: Not finishing what I start. For example. I own a high quality banjo and took lessons for almost a year...it is now residing in my coat closet. I took a book binding class and really enjoyed it. I have all the supplies to make my own books but have not made a single one! I took a beginning sewing class. I loved the class and could see myself sewing a skirt for myself to wear...I have not touched my sewing machine since the class. I have probably 25 journals of different sizes and colors...I have not written in any of them. And so on and so forth.

X-rays: Many. My most memorable was the one I had when they thought I had something seriously wrong with my digestive tract. Then the x-ray showed I was just "backed up"! LOL, my Dr. got a kick out of that one, so did my DH. I was just thankful it wasn't something more serious. At least now I can laugh about it...at least a little bit.

Yummy stuff I cook: Lemon Rosemary Salmon (that's my favorite), Shephards pie (that's DH's favorite), Baklava (I cooked it once while learning it from DH's Aunt, it was excellent...another "unfinished" project), Choco-nut dainties (a tradition in my family for holiday cookies)

Zoo animal I like most: Pygmy Hippopotomus. It is such a oxymoron of a name. Plus on the first date with my DH, we went to the zoo and had a lot of fun putting voices to the animals. One of my favorites was when we say the Pygmy and there was a beautiful storklike bird on the rail near the hippo. He kept switching legs and DH kept saying "look what I can do...I'm way more interesting than that ol' hippo, it's not even a REAL hippo..." I guess you had to be there, but that is why.

And now you know more than you ever wanted to, I'm sure!!

No comments: