Monday, August 27, 2007

Menu Plan Monday


Well, this week will be another simple meal week with some dinners out. DH is away on business all week and it's just lonely little me. I usually go out with friends on weeks like this so I'm not eating alone. DH and I are trying not to eat out as much so I think I'll work on eating small meals at home.
  • Monday - Chicken Salad Sandwich from Jodi at Deputy Domain. I had some of this over at Mary's home last week and got some delicious apples from her so I will have a sandwich and have leftovers for a tossed salad for lunch tomorrow.
  • Tuesday - Seafood night at the local bar and grille. I might head over there with a friend for all you can eat crab legs. So fun to have a girls' night out. If not, I will probably have some Vegetable soup my Mother gave to me and some hot biscuits. DH won't eat vegetable soup so if I want to have it I have to eat it while he's gone. :)
  • Wednesday - Chicken Cheese Quesadillas with salsa. I have my bible fellowship tonight so I need something quick.
  • Thursday - Beef stew with biscuits. I love walking into a yummy smelling home. I can throw that together in the morning and have it ready when I get home.
  • Friday - DH gets home tonight but I'm not sure when. I will probably do a cheeseburger quiche because it's one of his favorites and it is easily reheated for when he arrives. Throw a salad with it and you have a well rounded meal.
  • Saturday - DH and I are going to a minor league baseball game tonight so it will be grilled food that comes with our ticket price. I love going to the AAA games because these guys are playing with some real heart and you can get a great picnic package with all you can eat food and great seats for $17.00! We are meeting some people from our bible fellowship there and it should be a GREAT time.
  • Sunday - We are having some manly men over to spend the night so I think we may do steak and potatos potatoes with broccoli. Of course some kind of chocolate dessert. I'm not sure yet.

Sure seems like a lot of dialog for a simple list of meals! LOL, I guess that's what blogging is all about. Last week's menus turned out great. We switched a couple of days around but I'm all about being flexible. DH was so proud of me for having dinner planned and not flailing around at the last minute until we ordered pizza! I was proud of me too!

YEA ME!!

For more wonderful menu plans (some with recipes) head over to I'm an Organizing Junkie and check out the great ideas.

No comments: