I have been away from the blogsphere for a while, but now I'm back. Here's the Menu for this week. It will be a very busy week so some quick meals were in order. DH will be stopping at a very very delicious farmer's stand on Tuesday so many many fresh veggies and fruits are on the menu for the later part of the week. DH loves tomato sandwiches when the tomatoes are in season so he can have those on Wednesday. I'm not wild about them so I have given myself the hot dog option. It's all about what works for my family. :) Thursday we are having company for dinner so a dessert was in order.
I have also been preparing different sweets for DH to take to work with him. I was inspired to do more of this from Meredith over at Merchant Ships. DH has enjoyed taking a treat to the "guys" at the power plant where he works. The benefit of baking something sweet for him to take to work is I get to taste test before it goes out the door. I get to have something sweet without being tempted to eat the whole tray. :P
- Monday: Grilled Chicken Salad, Iced Tea
- Tuesday: Deer & Broccoli Stir-fry (with Mini Corn & Water Chestnuts; DH’s favorite), Rice, Iced Tea
- Wednesday: Hot Dogs (Me) or Tomato Sandwiches (DH), Potato Chips, Iced Tea
- Thursday: BBQ Grilled Chicken, Corn on the Cob, Baked Beans, Brownies or some other dessert, Iced Tea
- Friday: Shepherd’s Pie, Iced Tea
- Saturday: Grilled Chicken, Corn on the Cob, Salad, Iced Tea
- Sunday: Pizza, Salad, Iced Tea
For more wonderful menu plans (some with recipes) head over to I'm an Organizing Junkie and check out the great ideas.