Wow, this one is going to be tough. I had a rough day yesterday and it has been a difficult few months. I know that writing down those things I'm thankful for will help me handle life in the best way I know how.
I am thankful for:
- A minister with great insight who lets the love of God show through all he does. His sharing last night really hit home;
- A wonderful group of friends and fellow believers to fellowship with and learn with;
- A sweet and loving husband who is willing to hear my fears and address them with the Word, no matter how much I resist (I tend to want to mope);
- Scriptures that are deep inside my heart that only need a quick reminder (from DH or myself) "Romans 8:1, darling;"
- A mother who will take the time to pray with me when DH is in a meeting and God seems so far away;
- Fresh peaches, ripe for eating;
- A cat who, despite his faults, entertains and snuggles when he senses I need it;
- Lungs to take deep breaths;
- A reliable car with a radio that blasts when I need to stay alert and awake;
- Golden Oldies to sing really loud to;
- Thankful Thursday to remind me to breath with those lungs and pray with my understanding and leave the rest in His hands.
Wow, so much deeper than I thought it would be. I think it's just what I needed. Thanks to Sting My Heart for hosting Thankful Thursday.