Thursday, March 08, 2007

I Am Making Progress

This past weekend I got a lot accomplished. I did my routines (was up early and everything!) and even got some extra housework done. Here's a picture of my stars...




I did really well on Monday as well, although I don't have a picture of that one. Tuesday and Wednesday are a different story all together.

On Tuesday I decided not to take a shower that night because I was too tired. When I woke up on Wednesday I was so mad at myself for skipping that item on my routine. DH gave me a "free pass" on the laundry because of the plumbing situation but I ruined my "star power" by skipping my shower. So silly of me. So here I was on Wednesday, mad at myself for "failing" and giving up on the day because "the month is ruined anyway."

Can you say PERFECTIONIST!!!!!!!

Last night I was moping and pouting. DH wouldn't let me get away with it for long...he knew why I was pouting, I wanted him to say "it's ok about yesterday, go ahead and put your star on, it's been a rough week...etc." How childish and immature I am!!! Well, I renewed my mind and cut up some leftover steak for stirfry. I made dinner and got a load of laundry started. DH cleaned up the kitchen (unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher) and gave me a big hug. He reminded me I didn't need a "month" of stars, I need 30 days of consecutive stars. That is my goal. It was time to refocus and get back in gear.

This morning I had a dentist appointment at 8:00 A.M. I could have given up on my Morning Routine because "I don't have time this morning" but I DIDN'T.

I got a load of laundry started and I got the dishwasher unloaded. I have bible fellowship tonight so dinner will be quick and easy, maybe another stirfry, maybe some fast food. DH will be working late so he will probably grab a bite on his way home.

I am making progress but bad habits (and attitudes) are really hard to break! I am so thankful my DH knows me so well and is willing to lovingly reprove me with the Word when I am wrong! *Happy sigh* I am such a blessed woman.

Romans 12:2

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Romans 8:1

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

No comments: