Thursday, March 01, 2007

Focus and Shining Stars



I wish I could remember where I got this little picture. It really blesses me. If anyone recognizes it, please let me know, I want to give credit where credit is due!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shame on me for taking so long between posts!

I have been under the weather this past week. I believe I came down with the stomach bug so many people were talking about. I am grateful to be feeling much much better today.

Work is going ok. I have been so unfocused lately. I know part of it is because I have not been putting my full heart into my job. As much as I want to be home full time I know I have a responsibility to my Heavenly Father to represent Him in ALL that I do. Yes, even my full-time, away from home, mentally exhausting, secular, exciting, rewarding job.

DH and I talked last night about my lack of focus at work and my desire to be home full-time. We decided that until I get my Morning and Evening Routines down for a month I shouldn't even think about quitting to come home. I need to set myself up for success and establishing those routines is the way I can do this. I will do a separate post on my routines. I have silver stars I will be posting on my calendar at the end of every day to show myself I am accomplishing my goals.

I am so very thankful to have a problem-solving, sweet and loving supportive husband.

I feel all shiny inside!! It's time to make my calendar shiny too!

2 comments:

Dee said...

Hi Rean,
I love this post, I often feel the same way, in a lot of ways I want to be a stay at home mother and wife, but I'm needed out in the work force by my family to help earn money. I often think of this verse while I'm at work, a reminder to myself who I'm really working for. Thanks for posting, nice feeling that I'm not the only one with this struggle.
Deana

Rean Day said...

Deana - It is really hard. I really care about the clients we have in the law office and I have this sense of accomplishment here. It's about balance. My life seems to be a little out of balance right now and that always makes me want change. I hope the routines will help with this.

Rean Day