Thursday, March 08, 2007

God is Good...ALWAYS!


I wanted to share how God has blessed my DH and me during this whole plumbing nightmare.

When we first found out how much the emergency repair would cost we were concerned. Where was the money going to come from? Where did we need to cut back? How would we take care of this without going in DEBT?

God answers prayer.

We did our tax return in February. We got a sizable refund only a couple of weeks later. We paid off a credit card and were saving the rest to pay off our last credit card when DH received his end of the year bonus. Normally we would receive that bonus at the end of March. For some reason (GOD) we found out we would be receiving it this week. We had specific plans laid out for that money. We were going to 1) pay off our last credit card, 2) put a down payment on my braces and 3) buy a flat panel TV for our family room. One need and two wants (my teeth aren't THAT bad, it was basically for cosmetics and because I clench and grind my teeth at night).

Even with the plumbing situation we still have enough to pay off our last credit card and we have not gone into debt to fix the emergency!

Sometimes it takes a little deep breathing, intense believing, and some renewing of the mind to see where God is during difficult times. How blessed we are to have our own home. How thankful we are for God's great timing. The devil may be in the details but GOD is in the deliverance! Praise GOD!!!

I John 1:5

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Psalm 84:11

For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

4 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Glad to meet you! Yes we do have lots in common, praise God for that! Are you doing Flylady? I FLY and love it very much!

I will stop by again, but need to go to bed now.

Happy day to you!

Dee said...

Oh Rean!
AWESOME!
blessings,
Deana

sam said...

I love it when God does stuff like that. It is such a great reminder of how he cares about, and works out, every.single.thing.

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by like I said I would, to say HOWDY! :-D

Thanks for your comment ... I'll be back to check out some of your other entries later! :-)

~Brandy
http://gajabraoutpost.com/brandysvarietygarden